Is Microlearning a Good Fit for My Organization?
You may have heard the term micorolearning being tossed around the learning and development world for the last couple years, and for good reason. Microlearning is essentially a method of teaching and delivering content in small, specific doses. In this type of learning, the learner is in better control of when and what they are learning.
The Benefits of Microlearning
In our high-tech society, it has been said that the attention spans of most people are dwindling. However, as an organization, learning is still so important for the growth and development of your employees, your business and your customer service. Learning providers face the challenge of delivering learning in a way that is accessible, digestible and most importantly translatable to a real-world environment.
Some of the benefits of microlearning include:
- Shorter lessons are easier for learner to complete with busy schedules
- Succinct content makes the information more digestible
- Reduced amount of time spent on training
- Increased retention because the learner isn’t getting too much information too fast
- Accessible content when and where it’s convenient, on any device
Is Microlearning Right for my Organization?
With busy schedules it’s getting harder and harder to take people off of the job for in person learning, not to mention the added cost and travel time. People want their learning content when and where it is convenient for them. Microlearning adds the element of time convenience in a high-tech, yet interactive environment that so many people desire.
By utilizing eLearning, your organization can provide a clear and consistent message to all employees across the organization. This can offer a high impact way to align your culture and messaging internally.
Global Engagement Solutions offers microlearning solutions utilizing our Layered Learning approach. Click here to learn more about our learning solutions and see them for yourself in action.
Latest posts by Jennifer Budinsky (see all)
- What You Should Know About AI and Customer Service - September 13, 2017
- Millennials and Motivation at Work - September 6, 2017
- 5 Effective Ways to Motivate and Engage Your Remote Employees - August 28, 2017
- Is Microlearning a Good Fit for My Organization? - August 22, 2017
- Why Action Planning is the Key for Successful Learning - August 14, 2017